Saturday, February 25, 2012

Exploration, camping and a slippery noctis

I slip into the familiar electronic murmur of the proteus as I start today's exploration. The first 2 systems are boring, not many signatures and I keep heading deeper hoping for soft targets.

home -> c4a -> c4b -> c4c -> c1a

System C4c holds promise as dscan reveals a proteus, and 2 carriers running a site.  Swinging dscan around they are not at an anomaly, but going to the furthest planet showed a well-staffed tower with pilots in several ships including one scanning.  Oh dear.  I've narrowed them down, drop probes and bookmark the radar site while recalling probes.   Only then I notice the carriers and proteus have left the area.

 Warping to the bookmark shows the site as complete, but a pair of cloakies follows the incoming noctis.   Looks like they saw me after all.  I'm not eager to lose my proteus, so I run across the systems home to grab the bomber.

After jumping back into system with the bomber I hear the wormhole flare behind me and a helios blips into the system, belonging to the corp that lives here - well they really saw me now since the noctis just warped off without hacking the rest of the containers.

I head to a safe distance from the exit back home in time to see a welcome party of a dramiel show up - I know I'm no match for the fast little frigate, and I do believe they have another one stationed on the other side.   I have really no choice but to head to the static C1 I bookmarked earlier (bubbled of course) and see what is on the other side...

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had an exciting evening while I was away. I see from the corp member list that you slept in high sec last night. Send us a postcard.

    ReplyDelete