Monday, February 13, 2012

choosing the easy target

Woke up this morning in a bad mood, and that usually means someone gets podded.  Settling into the helm of my proteus I start my usual morning routine of popping around the system to check for interlopers - what is this?  A CNR and a heron on dscan along with some sleeper wrecks.  I narrow the location down to a single anomaly, a Ruins of the Enclave Cohort 27, and warp in at 100 to check on pilot names. 

Both pilots are from the same corp, and the names are similar enough that I think it's 1 guy dual boxing.  While a CNR would be an awesome addition to the killboard, I am still unsure of my ability to take one down solo, even with an astarte.  I head back to the pos to swap out for my bomber, waiting seemingly forever for the ships to load.  I head back as the heron start salvaging another wreck, the CNR warps out to start another site.

I lay in a tight orbit of the heron, decloak and gain point.  Shortly the heron pops, diorienting the pilot long enough for the pod to fall to my volley of torps.  Overkill perhaps but it got the job done.   Another corpse to add to my collection, I cloak up and wait to see what the CNR does.

The CNR bounces between anomalies for a while while I wait, then finally leaves.   Slade has logged in after the heron pops, if I had waited we could have double teamed the CNR, but I wanted a kill right away.  Oh well  I have to attempt to add a CNR to my kill list eventually.

No comments:

Post a Comment