Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Missing out on fun happy times, and popping a venture.

So a follow up from last week on the people that wanted to evict us- their corp was 3 times the size of ours, so I ended up getting the batphone out.

Future Corps responded, I have them the location of our hisec static, and then we sadly had to log to go to work.  Using the batphone is a risky gamble, as if I caused a wild goose chase they would rightly be miffed.  Fortunately they did catch the invaders (who were actually moving back out due to a ransom paid by the industrial pos owner), but they managed a few nice kills and stole the invaders tower as it was being unanchored.

Fast forward a week or so, it's been quiet.

Or not so quiet.

Newish player scanning in a cloaked imicus...he leaves...I go afk for a few minutes.  Slade mentions the imicus is now a venture, I verify he's stealing our lovely C50 gas, grab the bomber.  Now thanks to Penny's notes of her adventures I have a scram and a disruptor on the bomber to combat the venture's built in +2 warp stabs.  I have safespots peppered all over the system, so I pick one that's in direct line of the venture relative to the gas cloud it's harvesting and warp in at 50.
A few seconds later I'm 8000 meters from the venture while being about 9000 meters from the gas cloud - I decloak, activate both points while waiting for the target lock to resolve.  Shortly thereafter (Although Slade said it was painfully long) the venture pops.

Must remember to get a navy scram for the longer range.

No comments:

Post a Comment